Apple Walnut CrispFrom henrie 8 years ago
How to make it
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 350.
- Spoon apple pie filling evenly onto the bottom of an ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Grate the zest from the lemon and sprinkle it over the apples. Cut the
- lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the apples. Sprinkle with apples with 1/2 t. cinnamon. Pour the dry cake mix evenly over the apples so that it reaches all the sides of the pan. sprinkle the cake mix with the remaining 1/2 t. cinnamon. Sprinkle the walnuts on top and drizzle the melted butter over the entire pan.
- Place the pan in the oven. Bake crisp until it is golden brown and bubbly and the walnuts have browned 55 to 60 minutes. Remove pan from oven and place it on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the crisp into bowls, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and
- Store this crisp, covered in plastic wrap, for up to 1 day in the refrigerator if using a metal pan, or for up to 1 week if using a glass pan. If using a metal pan, let the crisp cool, then transfer it to a
- glass or plastic container and it will keep covered, for up to 1 week in refrigerator.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating3 people
Ok, you got my attention.. love apple crisp.. this is a good one! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Henrie, this sounds wonderful. I have all the goodies to make this and will be trying it very soon. Great post as usual. Thanks so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it