Pepper Steak Dated 1944From chefmeow 9 years ago
- 2 pounds round steak or flank steak cut into 1/2" strips shopping list
- 1 medium onion sliced shopping list
- 2 medium green peppers cut into 1/2" strips shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 beef bouillon cube shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3 ounce can mushroom stems and pieces drained shopping list
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- In wok over medium heat melt butter then add beef and stir fry until lightly browned.
- Remove and set aside then add green peppers and onion then stir fry two minutes.
- Return beef to wok and stir in tomatoes, mushrooms and beef bouillon cube.
- Bring to simmer then turn heat to low and cover then cook five minutes.
- Using small bowl mix together remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Stir into beef mixture and continue stirring until pepper steak has thickened.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked rice.