Gorgonzola Stuffed Pork ChopsFrom sunny 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 cup chopped granny smith apples shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese at room temperature, crumbled shopping list
- 4 thick cut pork chops shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese shopping list
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth - divided shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Apple stuffing: In a saute pan or skillet on medium heat, melt the butter and saute thyme, chopped apples, salt and pepper together until the apples are completely softened; about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place the apple mixture in a bowl and mix in 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese. The cheese should liquefy into the stuffing within a couple of minutes.
- Pork chops: Butterfly the pork chops by slicing them parallel to the plane of the chop from the fat side to the bone. Stuff each one with about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the apple mixture.
- Place the chops on a rack with the two stuffing sides pressed together to hold the stuffing inside the chops. Bake the chops for about 1 hour.
- Sauce: Heat the oil in a saute pan or skillet on medium heat, then saute the garlic until transparent then add the sherry, let cook for a minute until combined, then add the cream and 1/4 cup of the chicken stock, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended. Stir occasionally and reduce the liquid on medium high heat until the sauce begins to to caramelize and turn darker brown. Add the remaining 1/4 cup chicken stock and the cheese and continue reducing until there is just 1/4 to 1/2 cup of thick liquid remaining.
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating5 people
Wow, Sunny hunny - this sounds amazing! I have company coming in the next two weeks and this will perfect to make for them. Thanks so much for the inspiration!lunasea in Orlando loved it
I was just looking for something for dinner guests. This fits the bill ....just in time...Thanksnlo209 in Toronto loved it
Love gorgonzola and love pork chops, I know this one will be a definite hit. Thanks again for posting great recipes.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!