Blue Cheese Butter Steak toppingFrom cgendy 9 years ago
How to make it
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan on medium high heat.
- Add diced shallots to the butter.
- Saute until shallots are completely transparent in color.
- Add the blue cheese to the shallot butter and melt through.
- As soon as it is all incorporated together, take off heat. Do not over cook.
- Now you can either top steaks with this now or do the following...
- Let sit in pot for about an hour or until cool and moldable.
- Take the blue cheese butter out of the pot and mold into a log and wrap in a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Some suggestions:
- Slice butter and let it melt over a
- Burger to make a nice Blue Cheese Burger
- Your favorite steak
- Simply spread on bread and biscuits.
- Melt over hot pasta, makes a simple tasty sauce...
- The possibilities are endless. I would love to hear some of your suggestions.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookcgendy Manalapan, NJ
The Rating5 people
I love making compound butters and this is one of the best. Great for steaks, burgers, corn on the cob...and baked potatoes. Wow...delicious! Thanks so much - it gets a big 5 from me. Great post! ~ Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Excellent.......marky90 in Dearborn loved it
Ditto on the excellent rating. A fav.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!