Tomato Fried RiceFrom wiffy 7 years ago
- 1 serving of cooked white rice, refrigerated for at least an hour or overnight* shopping list
- 1/4 bell pepper, cut to small pieces shopping list
- 4 white/brown button mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 hot dog, sliced shopping list
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce/ketchup (preferably Japanese type) shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp chopped basil/basil flakes shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp chopped onion shopping list
- 1 egg (optional) shopping list
- a small pinch of salt (optional) shopping list
- 1 chilli padi, cut to small pieces (optional) shopping list
- * Note: Purpose of using refrigerated rice is to prevent them from sticking during frying - tip I learnt from VideoJug shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in wok. Saute garlic, onion, chili & basil till fragrant.
- Add bell peppers & mushrooms and stir fry for a minute.
- Add hotdog, salt and rice. Try to break the rice apart gently using a wok turner.
- When the rice is separated, add the tomato sauce and stir fry until evenly mixed and dry.
- If you wish, you can cook an egg separately and garnish on top of rice. Enjoy!