Potato Carrot and Summer Squash SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 baking potatoes, diced shopping list
- 1 large zucchini, cut into half moons shopping list
- 1 large carrot, sliced into rounds shopping list
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 4 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced shopping list
- 6 oz curly kale, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a deep pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, potatoes, zucchini and carrot.
- Cook until softened and brown, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, stock and water to the pot.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring the soup up to a boil then turn it down to a simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the kale and basil, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Taste and re-season before serving.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating4 people
One of my absolute favourite comfort foods! I've only been here a week, but I have to tell you what a treasure you are, Jo! You share so many wonderful recipes, and they are always such healthy fare. Thanks so much for the extra care that you put ...moresuestonebender in loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Weight Watchers282 members