Greek Chicken BreastsFrom bellatigre 8 years ago
- * 4 lemons, thinly sliced shopping list
- * 4 bone-in chicken breast halves with skin (about 3 pounds) shopping list
- * 8 garlic cloves, peeled shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano shopping list
- * 10 pitted kalamata olives, cut in half (optional) shopping list
- * 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup) (optional- good either way) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Arrange rack in center of oven. Heat oven to 350F. Layer lemon slices on the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish; set aside.
- 2. Gently run your fingers between chicken breast and the skin to loosen skin. Press 2 garlic cloves through a garlic press. Lift the skin from 1 breast and rub garlic between skin and breast. Repeat process with remaining chicken breasts and garlic cloves.
- 3. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and rub into skin.
- 4. Place chicken breasts over the lemon slices in prepared pan. Combine mint and oregano in a small bowl; evenly sprinkle over chicken breasts. Sprinkle olives over chicken, if using.
- 5. Bake 45 minutes, until juices run clear when chicken is pricked with a fork. Remove from oven and sprinkle with feta. Bake 5 minutes more. Serve with pan juices.
The Cookbellatigre Hermitage, PA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!