Brownie CheesecakeFrom liezel 6 years ago
- CRUST: shopping list
- ====== shopping list
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (250 g) shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted, non fat butter (250 ml) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (375 ml) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt (5 ml) shopping list
- 6 extra-large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups sugar (500 ml) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- CHEESECAKE: shopping list
- ============ shopping list
- 3x 8 ounce cream cheese (3x 250 g) shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups sugar (330 ml) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornflour (45 ml) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (15 ml) shopping list
- 2 extra large eggs shopping list
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream (160 ml) shopping list
- 2 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (62g) shopping list
How to make it
- Generously butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Do the same to a 8-inch square baking pan.
- Line the baking pan (but not springform) with parchment or wax paper.
- Leaving an 1-inch overhang over the sides.
- Wrap the outside of the springform with aliminium foil, covering the bottom and extending all the way up the sides.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter.
- Let it cool.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs on high until light yellow and thick.
- With the mixer still running, gradually add the sugar.
- Add the chocolate mixture and then the vanilla.
- Reduce the speed to low.
- Blend in the flour just until it dissappears.
- Spread 2 cups (250 ml) batter in the springform.
- Spread the rest in the square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 deg F (175 deg C) about 10 minutes for crust.
- Bake square pan about 25 minutes.
- Centers should still be slightly soft.
- Let cool on wire rack for 1 hour.
- Lift big brownie out pan into a plate.
- Cut into small squares.
- Cover the crust with this squares.
- Eat the rest of the brownie!
- Put in fridge.
- Put one packet of cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar and cornflour in a large bowl.
- Beat until creamy on low.
- Scraping each time.
- Blend in remaining cheese, one by one.
- Increase speed and beat in remaining sugar.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Blend in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beating well after each addition.
- Beat in 2/3 cup of cream.
- Don't overblend.
- Transfer 1 cup of batter into a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Pour rest of batter onto brownies and the crust.
- Melt the 2 ounce chocolate.
- Stir into 1 cup of batter.
- Blob this on top of the cheesecake.
- Make swirls with a sharp pointed knife.
- Place the pan into a pan with water in it.
- Bake until the edges are light brown and the swirls is dark brown.
- About 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove from water bath.
- Let it cool and set for 2 hours.
- Leave in pan.
- Refridgerate about 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from springform.
- Place on cake plate.
- Cover with whipped cream if desired.
- Cover leftover cake and refridgerate.
- Freeze for up to 1 month.
The Cookliezel Bloemfontein, ZA
The Rating4 people
Great as usual my friend...Missed those proffetional ones.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
this looks absolutely marvelous! great! super post!
got my 5 of course!
magalimagali777 in Mexico loved it