Eggless Chocolate CakeFrom jemison 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup baking cocoa, divided shopping list
- 3 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 c sugar shopping list
- 2 t baking soda shopping list
- 1 t salt shopping list
- 1/4 t cinnamon shopping list
- 2 c cold brewed coffee shopping list
- 1/3 c canola oil shopping list
- 2 T white vinegar shopping list
- 2 t vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 t shortening shopping list
How to make it
- Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with 1 tablespoon cocoa; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and remaining cocoa.
- Stir to blend well.
- In another bowl, combine the coffee, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake.