Chili Chuck Roast With Poblanos And Red PeppersFrom crabhappychick 8 years ago
- 3 pounds chuck roast, boneless shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, ancho is nice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 cans beef broth shopping list
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 can crushed tomatoes, 28 ounce can shopping list
- 1 chipotle chile canned in adobo, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325.
- Rub roast on both sides with chili powder, salt and pepper. Brown on both sides. Remove to platter.
- Add 1 can of the broth to Dutch oven; cook over medium-high heat and stir up browned bits. Return roast and juices to pot. Cover and cook in oven 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove roast from oven. Stir in peppers, onion, tomatoes, chipotle chili, rice and remaining can of broth. Cover. Bring to boil on stove top then reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender.
- This is a gluten-free recipe!
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating5 people
Oh yeah, this sounds magnificent and a must try. I LOVE poblanos and this sounds like a great recipe.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Oh my gosh, I can't believe how delicious this recipe looks. Thanks so much for sharing with all of us.chacha in New York loved it
This sounds great. I love the combo of chiles in here.. Will have to give this a try. Thanx... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it