Torta Fragole Strawberry CakeFrom ivy 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 kilo strawberries shopping list
- savoyard (lady finger) biscuits shopping list
- Ingredients for Sponge Cake: shopping list
- http://kopiaste.blogspot.com/2007/11/pantespani-sponge-cake.html shopping list
- I did the same sponge cake and split the sponge by using a long sharp knife. shopping list
- Ingredients for Whipping Cream: shopping list
- http://kopiaste.blogspot.com/2007/11/chantilly-cream-or-whipped-cream.html shopping list
- I made much more than usual. shopping list
- Ingredients for Creme Patisserie: shopping list
- http://kopiaste.blogspot.com/2007/11/pastry-cream.html shopping list
- I made 1/3 of the recipe. shopping list
- Ingredients for Strawberry Sauce: shopping list
- http://kopiaste.blogspot.com/2008/03/strawberry-sauce.html shopping list
- I made double the recipe but instead of brandy I added a shot of gooseberry liqueur. However, this is just for extra flavour. You can add strawberry liqueur, raspberry, blackberry or just brandy. If you don't want to add any liqueur just add 1 spoonful of lemon juice. shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare sponge cake from the previous day.
- Wash and select strawberries you will need for decoration (about 25) and set aside. With the remaining follow the directions and make the sauce.
- When the sauce starts to boil for a few minutes, cut the sponge cake with a long and sharp knife and split it into two pieces. Place in a platter and wet it with the strawberry syrup. Place syrup back on heat and boil until sauce thickens. Set aside and let it cool down.
- Meanwhile prepare pastry cream and add a few spoonfuls of strawberries from the sauce. Just add the pieces of strawberries and not the sauce itself. Stir and set aside to cool down but keep stirring from time to time.
- Prepare the whipping cream. I used 750 ml of whipping cream with a spoonful of sugar powder and 1 vanilla, I did not want the cream to be sweet. When the whipping cream is ready remove 3/4 in a bowl. Add another spoonful of sugar powder and mix. Place in the refrigerator to be used later on. In the remaining whipping cream, add a few spoonfuls of strawberries (just the strawberries, not the juice) and mix well but make sure that the sauce is completely cold. When the pastry cream is cold mix in the whipping cream and add this as a first layer on the sponge cake. Before doing so place the ring of the spring form on top of the sponge cake. Add the cream. Cover with the second sponge cake and refrigerate for a few hours.
- When ready to decorate, remove the ring of the spring form and decorate with the whipping cream, the fresh strawberries and strawberry syrup. I also decorated it with the Savoyard biscuits, which I halved and placed half a strawberry between the biscuits.
The Cookivy Whereabouts, Unknown
The Rating3 people
Happy Birthday Ivy! May you have many more. Your cake looks delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Happy birthday, we share the same one. I turned 50 today and would love a slice of this decadent cae. Thanks for posting.chefmeow in Garland loved it
happy birthday Ivy... this is a great recipe...peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it