Brandied StrawberriesFrom frantic 9 years ago
How to make it
- Wash strawberries, remove stems and weight to ensure you have a full quart of usable berries.
- Put the berries in a jar or crock with a tight cover.
- Mix the brandy and sugar together and warm over low heat.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and then pour over berries.
- Cover tightly and put where you will see them often enough to remind yourself to invert them from time to time (about 2 or 3 times a week).
- Best on a pantry shelf in the cool and dark, but one you visit often.
- Let the berries marinate in the brandy sauce for 3 months.
- They will give up some of their liquid and become smaller and paler in colour while they are marinating.
- After 3 months they are ready to eat and will keep for about a year (if you can keep them that long!)
- After that, they begin to lose their flavour, but are still safe to eat.
The Cookfrantic Cleve, AU
The Rating4 people
A perfect ending for a dinner I am having next week, nice and light yet rich with flavor.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Oh my...YUMMY!!angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
great smiple but elegant finish to a dinnerpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it