Easy Japanese Eel Unagi Stir-fryFrom maiko 9 years ago
- 100g Unagi (Japanese Eel) - available in Asian Grocers (freezer section) shopping list
- 1 small carrot - julienned shopping list
- 100g string beans - halved shopping list
- 1/2 small onion shopping list
- For the sauce (Kabayaki): shopping list
- 3 Tbsp mirin shopping list
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce or tamari shopping list
- 1 Tbsp sake (or any rice wine) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut unagi into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oil in skillet/pan and fry onions for 1 minute or until slightly translucent.
- Add beans and carrots and 'dry fry' for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Toss in the unagi pieces and stir-fry til the fish looks thawed.
- Drizzle the Kabayaki sauce over fish and vegetable and simmer til it bubbles.
- Stir everything in pan for a couple of seconds to coat - you will see that the sauce has thickened.
- Transfer to a plate or bowl and serve. EASY!