Italian Artichoke CakeFrom deliathecrone 6 years ago
- potatoes - about 6 medium shopping list
- 5 whole Jerusalem artichokes shopping list
- 3 stale dinner rolls, soaked in milk shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese shopping list
- garlic shopping list
- a pinch of marjoram shopping list
- salt shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into slices, salt them, and layer them in a greased baking dish that is about 12-inches wide.
- Clean the artichokes and cut them in thin slices. Layer the artichokes on top of the potatoes.
- Prepare a blend of the marjoram, garlic and cheese.
- In another pan, place some oil. Add the soaked rolls, the eggs, salt and the blended seasonings. Stir well. This should be quite liquid.
- Pour the mixture over the artichokes and potatoes.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil on top, and place in a hot oven (375- to 400-degrees F) for about 40 minutes.
- Nutritive Values:
- Per serving - 186.4 Calories; 5.9 grams Fat (28.3% calories from fat); 8.7 grams Protein; 24.9 grams Carbohydrate; 118 milligrams Cholesterol; 155 milligrams Sodium.
- Exchanges: 1/2 grain/starch; 1/2 lean meat; 3 vegetable; 1 fat.