Bread Pudding With Orange Caramel SauceFrom greekgirrrl 5 years ago
- For the bread pudding: shopping list
- 4 cups milk shopping list
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- Grated zest of 2 oranges shopping list
- 12 cups cubed bread (1/4-inch cubes) shopping list
- 6 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- For the sauce: shopping list
- 2 cups freshly squeezed blood orange juice or regular orange juice shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- For the garnish: shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped shopping list
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar shopping list
How to make it
- To make the pudding, heat the milk, sugar, cinnamon stick, and orange zest in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Let cool, cover, and refrigerate overnight to steep.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Put the bread cubes in a large bowl. Reheat the milk mixture and remove the cinnamon stick. In a large bowl, lightly whisk together the yolks and eggs. Pour the milk mixture into the eggs and mix thoroughly. Pour this mixture over the bread and allow to soak for a few minutes.
- Butter the insides of eight 5-ounce ramekins. Divide the mixture among the ramekins and place them in a roasting pan or on a large, deep sheet pan. Pour about 1 inch of water into the pan to create a water bath. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 1/4 hours.
- To make the sauce, bring orange juice to a simmer over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan, then reduce to 1/4 cup, about 10 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl, add cream, and set aside. In another saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add sugar and continue to cook, stirring frequently until sugar is lightly caramelized, about 3 minutes. Add the orange juice mixture, stirring constantly. Simmer for 5 minutes and strain through a fine sieve.
- Serve the pudding warm, either turned out onto individual plates or left inside the ramekins. Top with the sauce, a dollop of whipped cream, and a dusting of powdered sugar
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating9 people
I love bread puddings, this is very refinated from my point of view, the orange goes perfectly, thanks!
Magalimagali777 in Mexico loved it
Thanks Helene ,for sharing a wonderful recipe !
will definitely be making soon love bread puddings especially on cold nights! soon approaching bbbrrrr!
Have a blessed day
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Bread pudding is wonderful. Great post!cakelady in Murray loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!