Taco SoupFrom crabhappychick 8 years ago
- 2 pounds ground beef, extra lean shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 7 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning mix (I like the HOT variety, but choose according to your own taste) shopping list
- 1 envelope ranch-style dressing mix (yes, Hidden Valley) shopping list
- 1 16 ounce can black beans, undrained shopping list
- 1 16 ounce can corn, undrained (I use 2 cans of DelMonte Summer Crisp corn - stays nice and crunchy) shopping list
- 1 16 ounce can hominy, undrained (don't turn up your nose, this MAKES the dish!) shopping list
- 2 4 ounce cans green chiles, undrained shopping list
- 2 10 3/4 ounce cans tomatoes with green chilies, rotel undrained shopping list
- 2 14 ounce cans beef broth shopping list
How to make it
- Brown meat, onion and garlic in soup pot. Begin adding ingredients one at a time, alternating dry ingredients with canned ingredients. Stir after each addition. Cover; simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in bowls. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, crushed tortilla chips, a dollup of sour cream, a little salsa and sliced green onions. Your taco shell and garnishes are on top of the soup!
- To make this gluten-free, check your taco seasoning mix and ranch dressing mix. Hidden Valley is gluten-free.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating2 people
Have loved this soup for years, and have to say I couldn't agree more - the hominy makes it! Need to make this again soon, been too long...=)debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it