Kansas City Barbecued Chicken Leg QuartersFrom silverqueen 8 years ago
How to make it
- Soak wood chips in water for 1 hour, drain well.
- Loosen skin from thighs and drumsticks by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.
- Rub Kansas City Dry Rub evenly under loosened skin, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Remove grill rack, set aside. Prepare grill for indirect grilling, heat one side to medium high and leaving one side with no heat.
- Pierce bottom of a disposable aluminum foil pan several times with tip of knife.
- Place pan on heated side of grill, add chips to pan.
- Place another disposable aluminum foil pan ( do not pierce pan) on unheated side of grill.
- pour in 2 cups water in pan.
- coat grill with cooking spray.
- Place grill rack on grill.
- Place chicken on grill rack over foil pan on unheated side.
- Close lid, cook 1-1/2 hours.
- Add additional wood chips halfway through cooking time.
- Turn chicken over and cook 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from grill, let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard the skin.
- Bring Barbecue sauce to a simmer in small sauce pan.
- Brush chicken with 1/2 cup sauce.