Crabmeat MousseFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 3/4 cup cold water shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives or freeze-dried chives shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dillweed or 2 teaspoons dried dillweed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- Dash of hot sauce shopping list
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat, drained and flaked shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves, about 2 minutes. Let cool.
- Stir in mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients.
- Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Spoon gelatin mixture into a large bowl; fold in crabmeat and whipped cream.
- Spoon into a lightly oiled 6-cup mold.
- Cover and chill until firm.
- Unmold and serve with assorted crackers.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating3 people
I love crab mousse - delicious! Thanks so much, hon - a high 5 from me.lunasea in Orlando loved it
This recipe sounds like 'heaven-on-a-plate'!
I can hardly wait to try it!...One question...which do you prefer when you make it...the mayo or
It is "5" time for you!!!
Thank-you...mjcm...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it