Orange Blush Lobster SaladFrom grizzlybear 5 years ago
- 2 pounds cooked lobster meat*, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 3 cups cantaloupe balls shopping list
- 1 diced papaya (about 1¼ pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into ½-inch dice shopping list
- 6 diced plum tomatoes (about 2 cups), seeded and cut into ¼-inch dice shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon freshly minced ginger shopping list
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons red-wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard shopping list
- To taste salt and black pepper shopping list
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest shopping list
- ¼ cup freshly snipped chives shopping list
- 2 heads radicchio, leaves washed and patted dry, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Place the lobster meat, cantaloupe, papaya, tomatoes and ginger in a large bowl. Gently fold together with a rubber spatula. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Continue whisking until the mixture has thickened slightly. Stir in orange zest (makes ¾ cup).
- Shortly before serving, toss ½ cup of the dressing with the chives and lobster mixture. Serve on a decorative platter surrounded by radicchio leaves, or place serving portions inside the leaves.
- Serve remaining dressing on the side or reserve for future use.
- *If fresh lobster meat is unavailable, a frozen brand can be found in many supermarkets. If you want to cook your own you'll need six lobsters, about 1½ pounds each.