DILL COTTAGE CHEESE BATTER BREADFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 1 pk dry yeast shopping list
- 1/2 ts sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c Very warm water shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tb Dried instant onions shopping list
- 1 tb butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 ts Dillweed shopping list
- 1 ts salt shopping list
- 1 c small curd cottage cheese warmed slightly shopping list
- 1/4 ts baking powder shopping list
- 2 1/2 c flour shopping list
- Melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle yeast and sugar over very warm water in 1-cup glass measure. Stir to dissolve yeast.
- Let stand until bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Beat egg slightly in large bowl.
- Add dried instant onions, butter, dill- weed, salt, cottage cheese and baking powder; beat until well blended.
- Stir in yeast mixture until well blended. Stir in enough of the flour to make a soft dough.
- Place dough in prepared baking dish. Cover with buttered wax paper and a towel.
- Let rise in warm place away from drafts until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Bake in preheated moderate oven (350) for 60 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when topped with fingers.
- Turn bread out onto wire rack.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve warm Makes 1 loaf (12 slices).