Roast Pork LoinFrom ambauer 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup kosher salt shopping list
- 8 cups water shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp freshly crushed pepper corns (or more if you like) shopping list
- 3 cloves crushed garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 pork loin roast, 3-4 pounds shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pan, mix together water, salt and sugar. Cook over medium heat until salt and sugar have dissolved. Add bay leaves, garlic and pepper corns.
- Cool brining mixture in the fridge until room temp or cooler.
- Place pork loin into brine in a container or ziploc bag that allows the roast to be completely submerged.
- Allow the roast soak in the brine at least 8 hours, or overnight (overnight is better).
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Remove the roast from the brine and pat dry.
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil over medium high heat until shimmering.
- Add the pork loin to the pan and sear on all sides, allowing a nice brown crust to form.
- Put roast into a roasting pan. Cook until internal temperature registers 140oF (approximate an hour to an hour and a quarter).
- Allow roast to rest under a foil tent, approximately 10 minutes.
- Slice thinly and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookambauer Berkeley, CA
The Rating7 people
I am going to have to try this. thanksmarymaybe in Rowlett loved it
great thanks 5 from mecookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
A winning recipe! I prepared it exactly according to the instructions except that I baked the pork to 160 deg. instead of 140, per the instructions on my meat thermometer. I also brined it a full 24 hours. It came out moist and full of flavor. Serve...moreElizabethA in Orange County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!