Escabeche Mestizo DishFrom cremedelacreme 5 years ago
- 1-3 lbs stewing chicken 1350g shopping list
- 2-3 plugs garlic (crushed) 10-12 spice seeds shopping list
- water (sufficient enough to cover chicken) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt 5ml shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper 2ml shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme 5ml shopping list
- vinegar to taste (start with 1/4 cup) shopping list
- 3-4 oregano leaves shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper (or to taste) shopping list
- 2-1/2-3 lbs onions shopping list
- 1 tsp margarine 5ml shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Clean whole chicken with lime juice or vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Cut in half.
- 2 Put chicken in water and add garlic, oregano, spice seeds, cloves and jalapeno.
- 3 Boil then simmer chicken until tender.
- 4 Remove chicken from water.
- 5 Bake in oven to make crisp and brown.
- 6 Add more water in pot if neccassary. (Add vinegar)
- 7 Bring to boiling point and add onions.
- 8 Just as water boils remove or turn off heat.
- 9 Cut up roasted chicken and serve with corn tortillas.
- 10 Add 1 tsp margarine and sprinkle with little black pepper.