Macadamia Coconut TartFrom juliecake 9 years ago
- Pastry for a single crust pie shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/4 c light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/2 t vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 t salt shopping list
- 1/4 c unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly shopping list
- 1 1/2 c dry-roasted macadamia nuts, toasted and coarsley chopped shopping list
- 1 c sweetened flaked coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Roll out pie dough to fit into a 10" fluted tart pan. Chill shell until firm about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees on center rack in oven
- Lightly prick bottom of pie shell with a fork, then line with foil and fill with pie weights or raw rice. Bake until side is set and edge is pale golden, about 20 min. Carefully remove foil and weights and bake shell until deep golden, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Whisk together eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and salt until combined, then whisk in melted butter, nuts and coconut. Pour filling into tart shell and bake until set in center, 25 to 30 min. Cool in pan on rack 30 minutes, then remove side of pan and cool tart to room temp, 1 1/2 to 2 hours more.
- May be baked in regular pie pan if desired.
The Cookjuliecake Bluffdale, UT
The Rating6 people
mmmmmm............!!!!magali777 in Mexico loved it
We used to farm with Macadamia Nuts. Great recipe!liezel in Bloemfontein loved it
Love it, love it! What a delicious-looking picture! (I'd take a bite if I could!)annieamie in Los Angeles loved it