Meatloaf in an OnionFrom momtaylor 9 years ago
How to make it
- Make your favorite meatloaf recipe.
- Slice 6 large peeled onions in half and remove the centers ( I use the centers in my meatloaf).
- Spoon the meatloaf mixture into half of the onion halves.
- Top with the other half.
- Place each filled onion on a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Bring ends of foil up over onion and fold tightly.
- Bake at 350º for 14 to 20 minutes on each side.
- When serving this, I have taken the top ½ off and set it on the plate and filled it with the green beans that I normally serve with meatloaf. It makes a pretty bowl and adds a little more flavor to the green beans.