Chicken PiccataFrom marky90 6 years ago
- 2 split (1 whole) boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 extra-large egg shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon water shopping list
- 3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs shopping list
- Good olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, divided . shopping list
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons), lemon halves reserved shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- Sliced lemon, for serving . shopping list
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap and pound out to 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Mix the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a shallow plate. In a second plate, beat the egg and 1/2 tablespoon of water together. Place the bread crumbs on a third plate. Dip each chicken breast first in the flour, shake off the excess, and then dip in the egg and bread crumb mixtures.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium to medium-low heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Place them on the sheet pan and allow them to bake for 5 to 10 minutes while you make the sauce.
- For the sauce, wipe out the saute pan with a dry paper towel. Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and then add the lemon juice, wine, the reserved lemon halves, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Boil over high heat until reduced in half, about 2 minutes. Off the heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and swirl to combine. Discard the lemon halves and serve 1 chicken breast on each plate. Spoon on the sauce and serve with a slice of lemon and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating4 people
Wonderful flavors. I might add capers after all is prepared. Thanks for the post!rml in loved it
This recipe for Chicken Piccata is great! Thanks for sharing Ina's recipe with us, Marky...*hugs*lunasea in Orlando loved it
This was deliciousclarissa1994 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!