Chicken PiccataFrom marky90 6 years ago
- 2 split (1 whole) boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 extra-large egg shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon water shopping list
- 3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs shopping list
- Good olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, divided . shopping list
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons), lemon halves reserved shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- Sliced lemon, for serving . shopping list
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap and pound out to 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Mix the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a shallow plate. In a second plate, beat the egg and 1/2 tablespoon of water together. Place the bread crumbs on a third plate. Dip each chicken breast first in the flour, shake off the excess, and then dip in the egg and bread crumb mixtures.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium to medium-low heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Place them on the sheet pan and allow them to bake for 5 to 10 minutes while you make the sauce.
- For the sauce, wipe out the saute pan with a dry paper towel. Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and then add the lemon juice, wine, the reserved lemon halves, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Boil over high heat until reduced in half, about 2 minutes. Off the heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and swirl to combine. Discard the lemon halves and serve 1 chicken breast on each plate. Spoon on the sauce and serve with a slice of lemon and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating4 people
This was deliciousclarissa1994 in loved it
This recipe for Chicken Piccata is great! Thanks for sharing Ina's recipe with us, Marky...*hugs*lunasea in Orlando loved it
Wonderful flavors. I might add capers after all is prepared. Thanks for the post!rml in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!