Thai Chicken Spring RollsFrom chihuahua 5 years ago
- 1 Tbs. light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. cornstarch, blended with 2 Tbs. cold water shopping list
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 scallions, trimmed and very finely sliced shopping list
- 1 carrot, cut into matchstick strips shopping list
- 1 small Green or red pepper, seeded and finely sliced shopping list
- 2/3 Cup sliced button mushrooms shopping list
- 1 Cup bean sprouts shopping list
- 1 Cup cooked skinless, boneless chicken, shredded shopping list
- 8-inch Spring rolls wrappers shopping list
- oil for deep-frying shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Dipping Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 Cup Light malt vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbs. water shopping list
- 1/4 Cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2-inch piece cucumber, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 4 scallions, trimmed and finely sliced shopping list
- 1 small Red or green chili, seeded and very finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch paste.
- Heat the oil in a preheated wok or skillet and add scallions, carrot, and bell pepper.
- Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, bean sprouts, and chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the wok or skillet and cook, stirring constantly for about 1 minute, until thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Place spoonfuls of the chicken mixture onto the spring roll wrappers.
- Dampen the edges with water and roll them up to enclose the filling.
- To make the dipping sauce, heat the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a saucepan.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Mix the cucumber, scallions, and chili in a small serving bowl and pour in the vinegar mixture. Cool.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying to medium and fry the rolls until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain well on paper towels, then serve with dipping sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating3 people
You always have such marvelous recipes! All that I have tried, has been so delicious! So I know this is another extraordinary recipe!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
right up my alley love them thank you....a high 5minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Just hours before seeing your recipe I was scrounging around for my old recipe but wasn't able to find it. Thanks for posting, can't wait to make them.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!