Beef and Potato BurritosFrom hayleesgrandma 8 years ago
- 1 large baking potato shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower shopping list
- 3/4 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno chile, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 can (14 ounces) chopped tomatoes with juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- coarse salt shopping list
- 4 flour tortillas (10-inch) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated Monterey Jack shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (optional) shopping list
- 1 lime, plus wedges for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Peel potatoes; cut into 1/2-inch dice. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add potato; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add beef, onion, and jalapeno; cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until beef is thoroughly browned, about 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and juice, cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt; cook until liquid has evaporated, about 6 minutes.
- Heat tortillas, one at a time, in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, turning once, until lightly browned, about 10 seconds.
- Leaving space on bottom and sides, layer tortillas with sour cream, lettuce, beef mixture, cheese, and cilantro, if using; squeeze lime juice on top. Fold bottom upward, covering filling by 2 inches. Fold each side to overlap, leaving the top end open. Serve garnished with lime wedges.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating4 people
Will try this, makes just the right amount so won't have to have the same thing for days and days. Perfect.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
Sounds great! The picture looks delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Sounds great. 5555brianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!