Mr Yoshidas Fast And Fabulous Chicken And VegetablesFrom httpmom 7 years ago
- 6-8 chicken legs and/or thighs with skin attached shopping list
- 1 Tbs sesame oil shopping list
- 1 Large onion sliced opposite direction as for rings shopping list
- 5-6 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic,crushed shopping list
- 1/4 Cup Mr Yoshida's Original Gourmet Cooking Sauce shopping list
- 2 Cups cooked Japanese rice shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and dry the chicken parts.
- Chop the onion.
- Chop the carrots.
- Prepare the garlic.
- Heat a large skillet and add the oil.
- When oil is very hot, add the chicken and brown on all sides.
- Then add the onion, garlic, and carrots.
- Stir about, getting all the vegetables a little browned and the onion a little softened.
- Drain all the liquid.
- Add the Yoshida sauce.
- Stir about again.
- Cover and cook for 30 mins, stirring the vegetables and turning the chicken pieces over every 10 mins or so. It should be almost sticking and very dark. If it's watery it needs more time to cook without a lid. You are making a glaze.
- Serve with a quality Japanese rice.
- Note: About rice. Japanese rice is a variety of short-grain rice that tends to stick together but is soft on the pallete. Japan does not export rice to the USA, but you can buy the same type or better produced in California. I prefer Tamaki Gold, but any Koshihikari (short grain) rice from California will do. It is essential for making sushi. It needs to be thoroughly rinsed before cooking and it cooks VERY fast so WATCH YOUR POT! Better yet, buy a small rice cooker.
The Cookhttpmom San Francisco Bay Area, CA
The Rating2 people
Very nice chicken super! Cheers!kidaria in BC loved it
What kind of sauce is that on the onigiri? It looks like cute lil (super delicious) eggs!erisgrrrl in Bloomington loved it
Okay, so I never give 5 forks b/c I always end up altering a recipe and don't feel it's fair to give 5 forks when I didn't actually follow the recipe. However, this is the only 5 forks I have ever given AND I still give it that even tho I altered th...moreerisgrrrl in Bloomington loved it