Fettuccine With Gorgonzola Cheese SauceFrom sas 7 years ago
- 1. 3/4 cup canned chicken broth or homemade stock shopping list
- 2. 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 3. 3/4 pound gorgonzola or other blue cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 4. 3 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 5. ½ stick of unsalted butter shopping list
- 6. 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 7. 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper shopping list
- 8. 1 pound fettuccine shopping list
- 9. 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving shopping list
- 10. 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Combine the broth and wine and bring to a boil over moderate heat. Cook until the mixture is reduced to about 2/3 cup, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Reduce the heat and add the Gorgonzola, cream, and butter. Bring to a simmer; cook, stirring, until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Add the salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- 3. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until almost done, about 9 minutes.Drain.
- 4. Toss the fettuccine with the Gorgonzola sauce, Parmesan, and parsley. Serve with extra Parmesan.
- 5. I also add Fresh chopped garlic for those who enjoy it.
The Cooksas Farmington, CT
The Rating2 people
This is a favorite of mine at a local Italian restaurant. The make it with Penne and Gnocchi. Love this stuff! Never had a recipe till now - you can't imagine how happy you have made me! Thanks so much.
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!