Praline-Taffy- Apple PieFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled cooking apples (about 2-1/4 pounds) shopping list
- 10 caramels, cut in half shopping list
- Half and half, light cream, or milk shopping list
- . shopping list
How to make it
- For pastry: Prepare Pastry for Double-Crust Pie. On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the pastry to form a 12-inch circle. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim even with rim of pie plate. For top crust, roll out the remaining dough. Set aside.
- For praline mixture: Combine the brown sugar, pecans, 1/3 cup flour, and melted butter or margarine. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar, the 3
- tablespoons flour, cinnamon, lemon juice, and salt. Add the apples and toss to coat.
- Transfer half of the apple mixture to the pastry-lined pie plate. Top
- with half of the praline mixture. Top with all the caramels. Repeat
- layers with the apples and praline mixture.
- Cut slits in top crust; place on filling and trim 1/2 inch beyond the
- edge of pie plate. Fold top pastry under bottom pastry, fluting edge.
- Brush crust with the half and half, cream, or milk. Cover edge with
- Bake the pie in a 375 degree F oven for 25 minutes. Remove the foil.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes more or until the top is golden and apples are
- tender. Serve warm
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating5 people
Yummy! The name grabbed me right away...all of my favorites! Thanks for sharing. Got my 5
jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
I can imagine how wonderful this one is going to taste! Now I need to put some apples on my list! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Sounds delicious henrie thanks, and my 5minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it