Dutch PancakeFrom meskarune 8 years ago
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- Dash of salt shopping list
- 7 tsp butter shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- Toppings: shopping list
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- Powdered or confectioners sugar shopping list
- maple syrup shopping list
- ricotta cheese, Gjetost cheese, or another desert cheese. shopping list
- fruit shopping list
- ham, sausage or vegetables (leave out the vanilla if you make the savory version) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place an iron skillet or oven safe frying pan or 10 inch cake pan in the oven.
- In a bowl beat the eggs until they are thick and frothy.
- Fold in the milk, vanilla, salt, and flour. (if you like you could also add chocolate chips, cinnamon, dried fruits or nuts)
- The batter will be thin but creamy looking. Once the Oven is heated, Drop the butter into the pan and spread it around with a fork.
- Pour the batter into the Pan and close the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The pancake will puff up as it cooks and its done when it starts to brown a bit.
- Take the dutch pancake out of the oven and cut into wedges and place on plates. Add toppings and eat.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmeskarune Midlothian, Texas
The Rating4 people
Love Dutch pancakes!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
A cranberry sauce on top in my pic.
See also: Dutch Pancakepointsevenout in Athens loved it
So quick and easy. Mine looked and tasted delicious. If you're expecting something a little sweeter, like a crepe, you might want to add 1/4 cup of sugar to the batter, or put fruit on top.llegsp in loved it