Dutch PancakeFrom meskarune 7 years ago
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- Dash of salt shopping list
- 7 tsp butter shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- Toppings: shopping list
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- Powdered or confectioners sugar shopping list
- maple syrup shopping list
- ricotta cheese, Gjetost cheese, or another desert cheese. shopping list
- fruit shopping list
- ham, sausage or vegetables (leave out the vanilla if you make the savory version) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place an iron skillet or oven safe frying pan or 10 inch cake pan in the oven.
- In a bowl beat the eggs until they are thick and frothy.
- Fold in the milk, vanilla, salt, and flour. (if you like you could also add chocolate chips, cinnamon, dried fruits or nuts)
- The batter will be thin but creamy looking. Once the Oven is heated, Drop the butter into the pan and spread it around with a fork.
- Pour the batter into the Pan and close the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The pancake will puff up as it cooks and its done when it starts to brown a bit.
- Take the dutch pancake out of the oven and cut into wedges and place on plates. Add toppings and eat.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmeskarune Midlothian, Texas
The Rating4 people
Love Dutch pancakes!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
A cranberry sauce on top in my pic.
See also: Dutch Pancakepointsevenout in Athens loved it
So quick and easy. Mine looked and tasted delicious. If you're expecting something a little sweeter, like a crepe, you might want to add 1/4 cup of sugar to the batter, or put fruit on top.llegsp in loved it