Waldorf Summer Chicken SaladFrom chihuahua 5 years ago
- 1 pound red apples, diced or sliced shopping list
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2/3 cup light mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 stalk of celery shopping list
- 4 shallots, sliced shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, crushed shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 pound cooked chicken, cubed shopping list
- 1 head romaine lettuce shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place the apples in a bowl with the lemon juice and 1 tbs. of mayonnaise. Set aside for 40 minutes.
- Slice the celery very thinly.
- Add celery with the shallots, garlic, and walnuts to the apple. Mix, then add the remaining mayonnaise, and blend thoroughly.
- Add the chicken, mix, and line a glass salad bowl or serving dish with the lettuce.
- Pile the chicken salad into the center, sprinkle with pepper, and garnish with apple slices and walnuts.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating4 people
This is a nice twist on the old classic, love it!jovi_nutt in Newtown loved it
Very nice, saving this!kimmer in Dunedin loved it
Hey, adding this to "the mayo madness site" Hope you don't mind.... Great variation my friend.. fabulous!
Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!