Sausage Peppers Mushrooms Onions And BeerFrom cmtat10204 8 years ago
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 pounds Italian turkey sausage links shopping list
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced shopping list
- 1 package of chopped mushrooms shopping list
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced shopping list
- 2 large onions, sliced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) bottles beer shopping list
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Cook sausage until browned on all sides. Remove sausage from pan, and set aside.
- Pour in 1 bottle of beer to deglaze the pan, scraping up any blackened bits from the bottom. Place the red peppers, green peppers, onions, mushrooms and garlic in the pan.
- Stir in the remaining beer and the tomato paste. Season with oregano, cilantro, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Cover, and simmer until onions and peppers are tender.
- Slice the sausages into bite size pieces, and add to the peppers. Cover, and simmer until sausage is cooked through.
- Serve over rice.