Chocolate Turtle CakeFrom hayleesgrandma 7 years ago
- unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package devil's food cake mix shopping list
- 1 (3.9-oz.) package chocolate instant pudding mix shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup canola oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules shopping list
- 1 (6-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 (16-oz.) container ready-to-spread cream cheese frosting shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned dulce de leche shopping list
- 2 (7-oz.) packages turtle candies shopping list
- 1 (16-oz.) can ready-to-spread chocolate fudge frosting shopping list
- 1 (12-oz.) jar dulce de leche ice cream topping shopping list
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 2 (9-inch) round cake pans, and dust with cocoa. Set aside.
- 2. Beat cake mix and next 7 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate morsels and chopped pecans. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30 to 32 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely. Wrap and chill cake layers at least 1 hour.
- 4. Whisk together cream cheese frosting and canned dulce de leche in a small bowl until well blended. Set aside. Cut 6 turtle candies in half, and set aside for garnish. Dice remaining turtle candies.
- 5. Using a serrated knife, slice cake layers in half horizontally to make 4 layers. Place 1 layer, cut side up, on cake plate. Spread with 1/2 cup cream cheese frosting mixture; sprinkle with one-third diced turtle candies. Repeat procedure twice. Place final cake layer on top of cake, cut side down. Spread chocolate fudge frosting on top and sides of cake. Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Just before serving, drizzle dulce de leche ice cream topping over top of cake. Garnish with remaining halved turtle candies and pecan halves. Store in refrigerator.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating7 people
omg thats beautiful and looks like i would love it, anything with caramelminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I know I will love this one, sounds divine!! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
This looks like a foodgasm!! Thank you! 5++++!!!!blondie80 in -Lake Villa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!