Death By ChocolateFrom fewls 6 years ago
- Your own Brownie recipe or 1 Box fudge brownie mix shopping list
- 1 Bag Toffee Bits or Heath Bar Bits shopping list
- 1 Bag mini chocolate chips shopping list
- Mousse (this is a double recipe for a lasagna-pan sized dessert or in the trifle bowl) shopping list
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate shopping list
- 8 oz. Sweet or milk chocolate shopping list
- 1 c. + 2 T. sugar shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 4 T. dark rum or Grand Marnier shopping list
- 4 c. heavy whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Make Brownie mix according to your recipe or box directions, spread in a lasagna pan.
- Brownie should be spread fairly thin.
- Bake and cool before assembling dessert.
- This may also be assembled in a deeper bowl and layered.
- To assemble in layers, cut brownie into pieces that fit into the bowl and layer ingredients as above.
- Glass Trifle bowls make a spectacular dessert.
- Heat the chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Do not allow water to boil.
- Cool chocolate when melted.
- Beat 1 c. whipping cream until there are stiff peaks and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until they stand up in stiff peaks, slowly add 1 c. sugar.
- Fold cooled chocolate into the egg whites.
- Add Liquor and fold together.
- Fold egg whites and whipped cream mixture together. It is important to fold mixtures together so as not to deflate. Do not use an electric mixer to mix egg whites and whipped cream together.
- Assembling dessert:
- Sprinkle the bag of heath bar bits onto the cooled brownie in the pan.
- Add ½ of the bag of chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mousse into the pan and spread evenly.
- Beat the remainder of the whipping cream with 2 T. sugar until there are stiff peaks and spread on top of the mouse.
- Sprinkle remainder of the mini chocolate chips on top for decoration.
- Mixture may be frozen overnight. Keep dessert in refrigerator until served.
- Optional Serving Method: Place a teaspoon of the brownie mix into cupcake covers.
- Bake until soft.
- Cool and then begin assembling.
- Optional: skip the brownie altogether and assemble in a cupcake cup or any "pot de crème".
- Cool cupcakes in a muffin tin for 3 hours to set until serving.
The Cookfewls Helotes, TX
The Rating5 people
YUM, love it. Got my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
Now this is just sinfully delicious sounding. Got my 5 too. Cheers!dottiet in Woodward loved it
Fantastic recipe!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!