Rich Mediterranean Chicken CasseroleFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
- 8 chicken thighs shopping list
- 2 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium red onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and thickly sliced shopping list
- thinly pared rind and juice of 1 small orange shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 14 oz. can chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives shopping list
- kosher salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large heavy based or nonstick skillet, fry the chicken thighs, turning occasionally, until sealed and golden brown all over. Drain off any excess fat from the chicken and transfer to a large casserole.
- Fry the onion, garlice, and bell pepper in the skillet over moderate heat for 3-4 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to the caserole.
- Add the orange rind and juice, chicken broth, canned tomatoes, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then cover with a lid, and simmer very gently over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour.
- Add the thyme and olives, then taste, and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with crusty bread.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating8 people
This recipe sounds really good. I am always looking for new ways to prepare chicken. I'll definately try this one. The sun dried tomatoes should add a really nice touch. Thanks!fewls in Helotes loved it
my friend will love this im sending it to her thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Oh my, I love dishes like these. Must try soon. Cheers!kidaria in BC loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!