Wild Mushroom Cream SauceFrom mrspotatohead 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound assorted wild mushrooms, stems trimmed, wiped clean, and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the shallots, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Add the cream, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Pour over cooked pasta (or whatever) and top with chives.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating4 people
I love mushrooms... this sounds like it would be great over beef. thank you for a great postpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Hey - anything with 2 cups of cream has just got to be good, then you add those tasty mushrooms - well that would put me into heaven but quick - this sounds delicious! Great post! Thanks for sharing - im saving this one for sure! Gave it my five mush...moredivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
Fantastic. Making me hungry just reading it. Thank you MrsPotat.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!