Wild Mushroom Cream SauceFrom mrspotatohead 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound assorted wild mushrooms, stems trimmed, wiped clean, and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the shallots, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Add the cream, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Pour over cooked pasta (or whatever) and top with chives.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating4 people
This is wonderful on spinach fettucini noodles. I felt guilt free (NAH) with the spinach noodles. Good stuff.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Fantastic. Making me hungry just reading it. Thank you MrsPotat.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Hey - anything with 2 cups of cream has just got to be good, then you add those tasty mushrooms - well that would put me into heaven but quick - this sounds delicious! Great post! Thanks for sharing - im saving this one for sure! Gave it my five mush...moredivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!