Pumpkin Spice and Pecan Cake with Honey Spice Buttercream FrostingFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 chocolate cake mix shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice blend shopping list
- 2/3 cup pumpkin shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened shopping list
- 3 whole large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup finely ground pecans shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3-1/2 sticks butter at room temperature shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350.
- Lightly butter and flour three round cake pans.
- Place all ingredients in large bowl and beat on medium high until batter is smooth.
- Divide batter evenly between pans and bake 35 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- To make frosting combine gelatin and two tablespoons water in small bowl.
- Let sit 10 minutes.
- Bring honey, sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer five minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool three minutes.
- Stir two tablespoons of honey mixture into gelatin until dissolved.
- Whisk in remaining honey syrup along with salt and cinnamon.
- Strain into a medium bowl and beat using mixer on high speed until doubled in volume.
- Cool completely then add butter two tablespoons at a time while continuously beating.
- Once all butter is added stir in vanilla then use immediately or keep chilled.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
This will be great. I can't wait to try it. Maybe for Easter. I like the pumpkin/chocolate combo. Yum.-Lorilasaf in St. Paul loved it
sounds wonderful! You have my 5m2googee in Tomball loved it
I made this last Thanksgiving and it was the first one gone! It is delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!