Crock-Pot Macaroni and CheeseFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 8 oz uncooked macaroni shopping list
- 3, 8 oz pkg sharp cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 stick butter or margarine melted and cooled shopping list
- 12 oz evaporated ( not condensed ) canned milk shopping list
- 3 eggs fork beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- fresh grated black pepper to taste shopping list
- dash fresh grated nutmeg (optional ) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook raw macaroni to package directions and drain.
- In a large bowl combine 2 packages of the cheese shredded, the cooled melted butter or margarine, 3 fork beaten eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir in the drained, cooked macaroni and mix well.
- Place mixture into the crock-pot.
- Sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese. Cook Low Power 2 to 3 hours.
- Do not lift cover while cooking. When done, stir mixture , and serve at once.
- Important Note: check the macaroni in 2 hours.
- Mine started to get brown around the edges in 2 hours and it was cooked perfect.
- 3 hours would have burned the bottom.
- I used a Rival stoneware pot with glass cover.
- I imagine the Low Power heat setting may differ in various slow cookers and crock-pots.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
I like anything I can do in the crockpot. Thank you Midgelet.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
CrockPots Are Cool Again852 members
Comfort Foods769 members
CrockPot Capers163 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Good For Your Soul Food29 members
Family Favorites138 members
101 A Cheese Place143 members
Crock Potslow Cooker198 members
Cheap N Easy53 members
Easy And Delicious86 members