Flaky Buttermilk BiscuitsFrom arstielady 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in 8" square baking pan and set aside.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in remaining 4 tablespoons butter until the mix resembles coarse cornmeal. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add buttermilk all at once. Stir only to moisten and until dough is away from the side of the bowl.
- Knead gently 10 to 12 folds and use a light hand in the kneading. Do not over knead or the biscuits will be tough.
- Roll or pat into 1" thick and cut with a biscuit cutter dipped in flour. If you do not have a biscuit cutter use a small drinking glass as it'll have the same effect.
- Place biscuits in the baking pan with the melted butter and turn biscuit over so both sides are coated. Place close together in baking pan and bake 12-15 minutes till just a touch of brown. Serve immediately with my listed sausage gravy or with butter and honey..
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookarstielady Bend, OR
The Rating7 people
Yum! Love home-made biscuits with apple cinnamon jelly. Good to hear from ya!!
Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Mmmmmmmmmm. Saved and another 5 from me!broadzilla in Saxonburg loved it
Hey sweetie, great to see ya, been a while! I love, love, LOVE biscuits and this looks really good. Saved it and will try it real soon.danadooley in Singapore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!