Beet and Mango Salad with Curried Mango DressingFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 ripe mango pitted and peeled then cut into 1/2 inch chunks shopping list
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon style mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon hot curry powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- Salad: shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh beets shopping list
- 2/3 cup diced red onion shopping list
- 12 cups bite sized pieces of mixed sturdy salad greens shopping list
- 2 ripe mangoes peeled pitted and cut into long strips shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade combine 1 mango, vinegar, mustard, honey, curry powder, salt and pepper then process until smooth.
- Add oil and process to blend.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Tightly wrap 3 beets in each of 2 heavy duty foil packets then set in middle of preheated oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Test for doneness by piercing with the point of a knife.
- Remove from oven then open packets and when cool enough to handle peel beets and cut them into 3/4 inch chunks.
- In a medium bowl toss beets with 1/4 cup of the dressing.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Add onion and stir.
- Mound greens on a platter.
- Spoon beets onto greens.
- Place mango strips over and around the beets.
- Drizzle remaining dressing over all.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating6 people
..about to become a staple in mine too! ..and I thought my family didn't like beets! 5!mintymommybee in Anderson loved it
My goodness, you've got me drooling. Thanks for posting this one. It's on my to do list. Cheers.trev in Bogangar loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!