Braised Pork Loin With Apple RatatouilleFrom chihuahua 7 years ago
- vegetable oil Spray shopping list
- 2 1/2-pound boneless Top sirloin pork roast, all visible fat discarded. shopping list
- Apple Ratatouille: shopping list
- 3 large or 4 medium granny smith apples, unpeeled, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large carrot, grated shopping list
- 1/3 cup raisins shopping list
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbs. cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground clove shopping list
- 3 large red potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), quartered shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat and lightly spray with vegetable oil spray (being careful not to spray near a gas flame).
- Brown the roast on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the apple ratatouille ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture beside the roast on two sides.
- In the same bowl, stir together the potatoes and salt.
- Put the potatoes around the roast and apples.
- Bake, covered for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the roast reaches 170, the juices run clean, and the pork is no longer pink in the center.
- Transfer the pork and potatoes to a serving platter.
- Stir the apple mixture to incorporate the cooking juices.
- Serve with the roast.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating4 people
Ah, the old pork chops and applesauce kicked up for grown ups....Love it...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Yum.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I gotta start eating like this more often lol Pork chops and apple - lovely twist on a classic! Must try! Will try!danadooley in Singapore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!