Spanish Fried RiceFrom floydc 7 years ago
- 1 cup of uncooked white rice shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 to 2 shallots finely chopped shopping list
- 1 to 2 minced garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 medium to large chopped onion shopping list
- 2 deseeded finely chopped jalapeno peppers shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin or to taste shopping list
- 1 cup of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup of tomatoe sauce OR 1 cup of diced tomatoes with juice, depending on personal taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Coat the bottom of a cast iron skillet with olive oil, bring to medium heat.
- Add the uncooked white rice
- Toast the rice untill it turns slightly brown to brown, stirring occasionally
- Once the rice is toasted add the shallot, onion, garlic. Continue to cook ingredients 3 to 4 mins longer.
- Pour in the chicken broth, tomatoe sauce, jalapeno peppers, salt, pepper and cumin. Stirr ingredients thoroughly.
- Cover and let simmer about 20 or 30 mins untill rice is done and free of liquid.
- Serve hot, I personaly like to refrigerate and serve warm the next day.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookfloydc Palouse, WA
The Rating8 people
Sounds so very delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
oh !! oh !!1 i love spanish rice yummmmmmmmminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This sounds great, but I'll probably make it with brown rice. I like your idea of waiting to serve it the next day....There's something about those flavors blending...dynie in Marietta loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!