Papaya Salad Thai StyleFrom watson2167 5 years ago
- 2 cups shredded fresh green papaya shopping list
- 4 cherry tomatoes shopping list
- A handful of fresh string beans cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp shopping list
- 4-6 fresh Thai chiles, remove stems shopping list
- 3-4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp palm sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp of roasted peanut (leave some for topping) shopping list
How to make it
- In a mortar & pestle, take half of peanut and crush lightly. Set aside.
- Peel fresh green papaya, shred the whole papaya.
- Keep 2 cups shredded papaya out, and put the rest in a sealed container for later use.
- In a mortar & pestle, coarsely pound the fresh chiles (whole) and garlic.
- Add string beans, pound lightly (but not over crush).
- Add dried shrimp, lightly crush.
- Add tomatoe, lightly crush.
- Add papaya and fish sauce, palm sugar, and lime juice. Add these items a little at a time and taste as you go.
- Add peanut that already crushed. Mix well together.
- Place on a serving plate, top with the rest of peanut.
- Best serve with sticky rice and a side of fresh cabbage.
- ENJOY !!!