Carrot CakeFrom omrebel 6 years ago
- For the cake layers: shopping list
- 1 ¾ cup sugar shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups plain flour shopping list
- 2 t baking powder shopping list
- 2 t soda shopping list
- 1 t salt shopping list
- 2 t cinnamon shopping list
- 3 cups grated carrots shopping list
- ½ cups chopped pecans shopping list
- For the frosting: shopping list
- 1 lg can crushed pineapple shopping list
- 1 stick butter, room temp shopping list
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, room temp shopping list
- 2 lbs confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1 T vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- For the cake layers:
- Cream sugar with oil.
- Add eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to sugar and oil.
- Fold in carrots and nuts.
- Pour in 3 9-inch greased and floured pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Let rest in pans for 10 minutes then cool on wire racks
- For the frosting:
- Drain pineapple and reserve the juice.
- Cream butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together adding enough pineapple juice to make spreadable.
- Put crushed pineapple between layers as you ice the cake.
The Cookomrebel Memphis, TN
The Rating4 people
Thanks. I havn't had a carrot cake for a while.blueeyes68ky in Owenton loved it
I am not keen on cakes etc but carrot cake is always a winner to me. Thanxtinadc in Cape Town loved it
my favorite of all cakes!! jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!