Shredded Beef ChimichangaFrom hiddenpoet 5 years ago
- 6 12" flour tortillas shopping list
- enough vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- toothpicks or wooden skewers shopping list
- one scant cup of shredded chihuahua or oaxaca cheese shopping list
- 1 lb. shredded beef shopping list
- 1 onion sliced shopping list
- 1 cup canned enchilada sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 2 jalepeno peppers or 1 chipotle pepper diced shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a pot to 350 degrees. reserve a little oil for frying the onion.
- while heating the oil in the pot heats up to temp, saute the onion in a frying pan. when it is cooked for about three minutes add the beef, peppers, cumin, and enchilada sauce.
- simmer stirring occasionally for about 8 - 10 minutes. when the beef has browned use a slotted spoon transfer this mixture into a warm tortilla.
- sprinkle some of the shredded cheese of your choice on the top.
- fold the tortilla into a packet and make sure it stays closed by fastening toothpicks or wooden skewers onto the folds.
- deep fry the chimichanga until it's a golden brown color. remove the toothpicks or skewers when served.