battered fried bananasFrom minitindel 7 years ago
- 8 medium bananas shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon jui2/3 cup od self rising flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup rice flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 4 tablespoon light brown sugar shopping list
- oil for deep frying shopping list
How to make it
- cut bananas into chunks and place them in a large mixing bowl
- sprinkle the lemon juice over the bananas to prevent discoloration
- sift the self rising flour, rice flour, cornstarch and cinnamon, into a mixing bowl, gradually stir in the water to make a thin batter.
- heat the oil in a wok until almost smoking then reduce the heat . slightly.
- place a piece of the banana on the end of a fork and carefully dip into the batter, draining off any excess;repeat until all are battered.
- sprinkle the sugar on a large plate.
- carefully place the banana pieces in the oil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.remove and roll them in the sugar.transfer to a bowl and serve alone with whipped cream,or with ice-cream
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating4 people
nice....turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
Excellent!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
These sound great. My mother used to make fried bananas when we were kids.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it