German Beef RouladenFrom chatombreux 8 years ago
- A.. 1 1/2 pounds flank steak (or flattened cube steaks) shopping list
- b.. German stone ground mustard, to taste shopping list
- c.. 1/2 pound thick sliced bacon shopping list
- d.. 2 large onions, sliced shopping list
- e.. 1 (16 ounce) jar dill pickle slices shopping list
- f.. 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- g.. 2 1/2 cups water shopping list
- h.. 1 cube beef bouillon shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the flank steak into thin filets; about 1/4 inch thick and 3 inches wide.
- Generously spread one side of each filet with mustard to taste. Place bacon, onions and pickle slices on each filet and form into a roll. Use string or toothpicks to hold the roll together.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt butter. Place the rolls in the butter and sauté until browned.
- Pour in 2 1/2 cups of water and add the bouillon cube; stirring to dissolve the bouillon cube. Simmer the rolls for about an hour.
The Cookchatombreux Gloucester City, US
The Rating4 people
Delish! Thanks.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
I love rouladen. I make it very similar to this, but I used london broil that I had the butcher slice just right for me. Thanks for reminding me of this... am going to make soon.haolewife in Vacaville loved it
Wow, this sounds fantastic and would go great with your Almost Mashed Potatoes. Gave both recipes a 5 and can't wait to try both. Yummers. I like your idea of using braciole instead of fighting the slank steak. Great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it