Thai Chicken With Dipping Sauce And MintFrom tippystclair 6 years ago
- *You will need to marinate the chicken overnight or as long as possible before cooking. shopping list
- 2 large chicken breasts shopping list
- peanut or veg oil for frying shopping list
- 1 large bunch mint (at least 36 leaves) shopping list
- For the marinade: shopping list
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce (Nam Plao) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed shopping list
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar or finely ground white sugar shopping list
- For the dipping sauce: shopping list
- 4 Tbsp caster sugar or finely ground white sugar shopping list
- 3 1/2 oz/100 ml rice vinegar shopping list
- 3 Tbsp water shopping list
- 5 red chilis, deseeded and chopped (If you prefer heat then leave the seeds. The Thais do!) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp lime juice shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- bamboo skewers shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the chicken breasts into small cubes or chunks. Make 24-36 chunks.
- Tumble in a bowl or container with the fish sauce, garlic and sugar. Cover the chicken and marinade mixture and leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- Stir all sauce ingredients, EXCEPT lime juice and salt, in a pan. Bring to a bubbling boil and cook until reduced and syrupy.
- Lightly salt and leave to go cold.
- Process with a hand blender until fairly smooth , then stir in lime juice.
- Cool in refrigerator overnight. Remove one hour before serving.
- When ready to serve:
- Preheat wok and oil
- Drain chicken from marinade
- Fry in a fairly deep pool of oil for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Arrange chicken and mint leaves on a plate or platter. Place the dipping sauce in a small bowl and place on the platter to the side. Arrange a bundle of skewers or cocktail sticks next to the bowl.
- Wrap the chicken chunk in a mint leaf and dip into the sauce using a bamboo skewer.
- **If you do not have time to make the sauce you can buy a good quality bottle of Thai dipping sauce and add the lime juice before serving.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating4 people
Lovely!danadooley in Singapore loved it
Sounds incredible!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
sounds good thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!