White Chocolate MousseFrom sexybeast 6 years ago
- 1 cup 30% whipping cream shopping list
- 5 1/2 oz high quality white chocolate shopping list
- 1 1/2 oz white sugar shopping list
- 3 1/2 oz unsalted butter shopping list
- 9 egg whites shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 oz whiskey (rye or bourbon) shopping list
- For garnish : white chocolate curls, fresh raspberries or blueberries, mint leaves ... use your imagination shopping list
How to make it
- In first bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until glistening, white in colour and smooth. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip cream, gradually adding whiskey, until stiff. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter GENTLY together in a double boiler over LOW heat. I use a glass bowl over barely simmering water; remove it completely from the heat before the chocolate has completely melted, and continue stirring until smooth and incorporated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites until very stiff. Set aside.
- Gently mix the egg yolk-sugar mixture into the melted chocolate-butter mixture until well combined.
- Into this mixture gently but thoroughly fold first the whipped egg whites, then the whipped cream.
- Pour mixture into six chilled dessert glasses (I use champagne glasses) and refrigerate, covered, for at least 6 hours before serving.
- Garnish as desired and present to your delighted guests.